Replete with vital information, this latest edition of this authoritative women’s health textbook titled “Women’s Health Care in Advanced Practice Nursing” 2nd edition provides nurse practitioners and graduate nursing students with the resources to deliver optimal health to women of all ages. Edited by a team of highly distinguished scholars, clinicians, and educators, chapters retain a distinctive sociocultural lens that gives a view of women’s health as it relates to women’s lives and identities. 18 new chapters address clinical primary care topics, environmental and occupational health promotion, genetics, health considerations for female caregivers, transgender care, dementia care, urologic health concerns, and more. An instructor’s toolkit includes multiple resources to enhance critical thinking, and case studies engage critical thinking skills to apply the multidimensional content in context.
This uniquely comprehensive resource examines women’s health through a variety of clinical practice and theoretical frameworks such as feminist theory, feminism, and globalisation. The 2nd edition retains the important focus on prevention, managing symptoms, and health problems that are unique to women. Chapters address relevant legal issues, health throughout the life span, nutrition and exercise, mental health, LGBTQ health, fertility, sleep difficulties, substance abuse, violence against women, and dozens of specific health disorders.
NEW TO THE 2ND EDITION:
- Updated to include the most current evidence-based, primary care management guidelines in women’s health
- Provides a robust instructor’s toolkit to foster critical thinking
- Organized to enhance easy retrieval of numerous clinical topics
- Includes theoretical frameworks for women’s health, health promotion and prevention, and women’s health management
- Presents brand-new information on genetics, endocrine-related problems, health considerations for caregivers, transgender health, and dementia care
- Distills cutting-edge information on women’s health issues through a sociocultural framework
- Offers a comprehensive investigation of key topics in women’s health
- Edited by renowned educators and scholar for advanced practice nursing students