Torrington’s Human Resource Management 10th edition is a highly engaging PDF textbook on the theory and practice of HRM that is strongly recommended to both HR students and professionals. — Dr Aikaterini Koskina, UG Course Director for HRM, Keele University
This 10th edition has been thoroughly updated with the economic, social and legal employment practice changes and is specifically designed to be relevant to the issues and debates facing HRM today. Its key features include:
- Activities and discussion boxes that encourage critical thinking and understanding
- New topics on asynchronous recruitment, agile organisations, dynamic capability and HR planning
- A new chapter on advanced skills, and emphasis on employability of skills extends the useful and varied skills section
- A new chapter on ‘HRM around the world’ and technological advances in relation to HRM such as use of analytics and big data
- ‘Theory into Practice’ and ‘Window on Practice’ that enable students to understand and apply HRM concepts through practical examples
For 30 years, this textbook has been the leading introduction to HRM for students at all levels, including those on CIPD-accredited courses. Comprehensive yet accessible, Human Resource Management 10th edition covers all major areas of the field and is renowned for its readable and engaging style.