Provides a comprehensive reference for educators, scholars, stakeholders, and the general public on matters directly affecting and influencing education in today’s schools across the world
This enlightening handbook, The Wiley Handbook of Teaching and Learning (PDF) offers current, international perspectives on the conditions in communities, contemporary practices in schooling, relevant research on learning and teaching, and implications for the future of education. It contains diverse conceptual frameworks for analyzing existing issues in education, including but not limited to characteristics of today’s students, the important role for school leaders, evaluation of teachers, trends in teacher education programs, assessment of student learning, technological advances in content delivery, and innovative instructional practices to increase student learning.
This handbook promotes new, global approaches to studying the process of education, demonstrates the diversity among the constituents of schooling, recognizes the need for and presents a variety of approaches to teaching and learning, and details exemplary practices in education. Divided into 4 sections focused on general topics — learners and learning; context and schooling; teachers and teaching; and educators as learners and leaders — and with all-new essays that look at what is, what has been, and what could be, this ebook is destined to inspire thoughtful contemplation from readers about what it means to teach and learn.
- Summarizes recent research and theory
- Offers evidence-based recommendations for practice
- Includes essays from established and emerging U.S. and international scholars
- Provides a single reference source for teachers, education leaders, and agency administrators
- Each chapter includes a section encouraging readers to think ahead and imagine what education might be in the future
- Examines teaching, learners, and learning from a contemporary, international perspective, presenting alternative views and approaches
Scholars from around the world provide a range of evidence-based ideas for modifying and improving current educational practices, making The Wiley Handbook of Teaching and Learning an important book for the global education community and those planning on entering into it.