The Growth and Development of Nurse Leaders 2nd edition received the 2011 PROSE Award for the category “Nursing and Allied Health” from the Robert Wood Johnson Foundation Nurse Faculty Scholars.
Written by an acclaimed nurse leader, scholar, and author, this prizewinning ebook, The Growth and Development of Nurse Leaders 2nd edition (PDF) delivers an inspiring first-person narrative to help nurses at all career levels to embrace and hone their leadership potential. The 2nd edition expands on the original with updated material and five completely new chapters that focus on the dynamics of today’s health care environment. It addresses the complexity of our evolving health care system and aligns with new initiatives being championed by key nursing organizations.
Brimming with insight and personal anecdotes–while grounded in scholarly literature–this comprehensive and practical book addresses the major contemporary arenas of leadership: Leadership as personal, leadership as achieving organizational goals, and leadership as transformational. It discusses the personal qualities required of a good leader, the value of attaining self-knowledge, sustaining career optimism in the face of failure, orchestrating a career, achieving organizational goals, effective communication, the importance of strategic vision, and more.
New to the Second Edition:
- New: Letting Go
- New: Aiming for Impact
- New: Building a Mentoring Network
- New: Understanding Diversity and Inclusion
- New: The Shadow Side: Neediness and Failure
- Sensitive to the Interface between Nursing Service and Nursing Education
- Updated to encompass nearly a decade of changes in health care since the first edition was published
- Brims with insight and personal anecdotes
- Helps nurses at all career levels to embrace and develop leadership potential
- Draws on the leadership expertise of internationally recognized nurse scholars, pragmatist, and AAN-awarded Living Legend
- Addresses the major arenas of contemporary nursing leadership: achieving organizational goals, personal, and transformational