Confidently meet the challenges of person-centered nursing practice!
From basic nursing processes to advanced clinical capabilities, Taylor’s Clinical Nursing Skills: A Nursing Process Approach 5th edition (PDF) by Pamela Lynn helps you hone your technical, interpersonal, cognitive, and ethical/legal capabilities and master patient interaction, clinical reasoning, and communication skills essential to effective and safe person-centered care.
Evidence-based, step-by-step guidelines walk you through common practices and simplify complex procedures, accompanied by key considerations for delegation, documentation, and other tasks you will encounter throughout the nursing process, from your 1st day on the job to every stage of your nursing career.
In the 5th edition:
- Documentation Guidelines guide you through accurate documentation of skills and findings.
- Hand Hygiene icons alert you to this crucial step that prevents the spread of microorganisms.
- A Nursing Process Framework integrates related nursing responsibilities for each of the 5 steps.
- Skill Variations provide start-to-finish, clear instructions for variations in equipment or technique.
- Patient Identification icons help you ensure the right patient receives the intervention and prevent errors.
- Evidence for Practice boxes present current best practice guidelines and up-to-date research relevant to the skills.
- Unexpected Situations highlight abnormal outcomes while providing explanations of how to react to provide the best care.
- Scientific Rationales accompany each nursing action to promote a deeper understanding of the basic principles supporting nursing care.
- Step-by-Step Skills are presented in a straightforward, concise, and simplified 2-column format facilitating competent performance of nursing skills.
- Delegation Considerations assist you in developing the critical decision-making skills needed to transfer responsibility for the performance of an activity to another individual.
NOTE: Only contains Taylor’s Clinical Nursing Skills 5th edition in PDF. No online codes included