Take this nursing handbook into the clinical setting! Pocket Companion for Physical Examination & Health Assessment, 7th Edition (PDF) makes it fast and easy to look up essential assessment skills and techniques. You’ll conduct more effective exams by referring to summaries of examination steps, normal versus abnormal findings, lifespan and multicultural considerations, and over 250 full-color photos and illustrations. Written by well-known educator and clinician Carolyn Jarvis, this handbook is a perfect clinical tool whether you’re a beginner who is learning assessment skills or a practitioner who needs a portable reference!
- Summary checklists offer reviews of key examination steps for quick reference.
- Abnormal findings tables help you recognize, sort and describe key abnormal findings.
- Cultural Competence sections provide a context for care of multicultural patient groups.
- NEW evidence-based guidelines reflect a focus on conducting the most effective, qualitative exams.
- Spanish-language translation chart helps you improve communication with Hispanic patients during the physical examination.
- The convenient 2-column format makes it easier to access, learn, and understand key physical examination skills and findings.
- Developmental Competence sections highlight content specific to infants, adolescents, children, pregnant women, and older adults.
- More than 250 full-color illustrations demonstrate examination skills, underlying anatomy and physiology, and normal and abnormal findings.
- NEW content on the Electronic Health Record, charting, and narrative recording includes examples of how to document assessment findings.
- NEW photos of normal and abnormal findings show the nose, mouth, throat, thorax, and pediatric assessment, including developmental and cultural variations.
- Color-coded design helps students easily locate the information they need, dividing each body system chapter into major sections (subjective data, anatomy, objective data, and abnormal findings).
NOTE: Only includes the PDF eBook. No online codes included.