he engineer’s ready reference for mechanical power and heat – Mechanical Engineer’s Handbook provides the most comprehensive coverage of the entire discipline, with a focus on explanation and analysis. Packaged as a modular approach, these books are designed to be used either individually or as a set, providing engineers with a thorough, detailed, ready reference on topics that may fall outside their scope of expertise. Each book provides discussion and examples as opposed to straight data and calculations, giving readers the immediate background they need while pointing them toward more in-depth information as necessary. Volume 4: Energy and Power covers the essentials of fluids, thermodynamics, entropy, and heat, with chapters dedicated to individual applications such as air heating, cryogenic engineering, indoor environmental control, and more. Readers will find detailed guidance toward fuel sources and their technologies, as well as a general overview of the mechanics of combustion.
Unlike other handbooks, the Mechanical Engineers’ Handbook 4e PDF goes beyond lists of formulas and data, providing real examples and discussion of each topic to help you quickly understand how to get the outcomes you want. Mechanical Engineers Handbook Volume 4, Energy and Power, is your complete guide to what makes materials suitable for particular uses, as well as the methodologies used to ensure success.
Inside this volume:
- Contributions from forty industry-leading experts
- Detailed coverage of both traditional and alternative fuel sources
- 4 new chapters on fuel cells, wind turbines, heat pipes, and thermal systems optimization
- Exhaustive tables and charts illustrate thermophysical properties, thermodynamics, and various energy sources
- 4 chapters updated by new contributors, including indoor environmental control, combustion, fluid power, and air movement mechanics
No single engineer can be a specialist in all areas that they are called on to work in the diverse job functions and industries they occupy. This PDF handbook gives them a resource for finding the information they need, with a focus on topics related to the transmission, productions, and use of mechanical power and heat.
- Understand the nature of energy and its proper measurement and analysis
- Learn how the mechanics of energy apply to refrigeration, furnaces, thermal systems, and more
- Examine the and pros and cons of coal, biofuel, petroleum, wind, solar, and geothermal power
- Review the mechanical parts that transmit, generate, and store different types of power, and the applicable guidelines
Engineers must frequently refer to standards, data tables, and other list-type references, but this book is different; instead of just providing the answer, it explains why the answer is what it is. Engineers will appreciate this approach, and come to find Volume 4: Energy and Power an invaluable reference.
NOTE: We have all 4 volumes for sale. Only the Mechanical Engineers’ Handbook 4th edition, Volume 4 Energy and Power PDF is included in this item. No access codes are included.