Introduction to Human Disease: Pathophysiology for Health Professionals, 6th Edition (ePub) provides a broad overview of the most common and important human diseases for college students pursuing careers in the health professions. Accessible and comprehensive, it addresses the aspects of disease epidemiology, diagnosis, and treatment that are essential to the clinical practice.
The 6th Edition of this popular textbook has been thoroughly updated to cover the latest advances in medical practice and knowledge, especially with regard to nutritional and mental health disorders. It also includes additional clinical information on treatments for diseases. Designed to facilitate learning, this essential reference features new full-color illustrations and photos, learning objectives, and practice questions for assessment and review. Introduction to Human Disease, 6th edition will help medical students gain a solid foundation in disease pathology and medical terminology to help them throughout their medical education.
- Includes more than 400 full-color photos, illustrations, and tables
- Facilitates learning with chapter objectives, key terms, and practice questions
- Provides a comprehensive introduction to the essential aspects of human disease
- Covers the most common and important human diseases, including mental illnesses
NEW TO THE 6TH EDITION
- New photos and illustrations
- Updated and new resources for students and instructors
- Updated content reflects the current state of medical knowledge and practice
- More clinical information, including general and specific treatments for diseases with an emphasize on common laboratory tests
- Chapter 26: Infectious Diseases and Chapter 27: Immunologic Diseases are revised and now included in Section 4: Multiple Organ System Diseases
- Chapters 24: Mental Illness and 30: Nutritional Disorders are revised, to bring them up-to-date with current health problems (e.g. obesity), terminologies and concepts.
P.S We also have the newer edition of this ebook in PDF. See related ebooks below.
NOTE: This purchase only includes the eBook Introduction to Human Disease: Pathophysiology for Health Professionals (6th edition) in ePub. A converted PDF is also available on request.