Conveying the wide-ranging scope of forestry and the great challenges that lie ahead, this Introduction to Forest Ecosystem Science and Management 3rd Edition (PDF) brings together leading forestry experts and gives readers a broad overview of the field. Coverage ranges from the individual trees, basic cell, and the forest stand, to management of the forest stand and acquisition of goods and services from the forest.
Now updated and revised, this 3rd Edition brings together the leading experts in the field. 14 of the etextbook’s 23 chapters are completely rewritten by new authors. Coverage ranges from the individual trees, basic cell, and the forest stand, tomanagement of the forest stand and acquisition of goods and services from the forest. Each author provides general coverage of her or his specilized field within the discipline and emphasizeshow decisions made by forest managers affect the forestecosystem.
Highlights in the 3rd Edition
- A new chapter on landscape ecology reflects the subject’sincreasing importance in the field.
- New boxed inserts contain detailed specialized informationrelated to content in the textbook.
- Cross-references in the textbook indicate when a specific subjectis given more thorough treatment in another chapter.
- References to other works enable you to explore differentsubjects related to forest ecosystem science and management ingreater depth.
- Handy appendixes include the taxonomy of forest trees as wellas common and scientific names for trees and animals mentioned inthe text.
- A glossary will help you better understand the specializedterminology used in forestry.