Recognized as the definitive reference in laboratory medicine since 1908, Henry’s Clinical Diagnosis and Management by Laboratory Methods 23rd edition continues to offer state-of-the-art guidance on the scientific foundation and clinical application of today’s complete range of lab tests. Employing a multidisciplinary approach, it presents the latest information available in the field, including new developments in technologies and the automation platforms on which measurements are performed.
- Provides guidance on error detection, correction, and prevention, as well as cost-effective test selection.
- Features a full-color layout, illustrations and visual aids, and an organization based on organ system.
- Includes a wealth of information on the exciting subject of omics; these extraordinarily complex measurements reflect important changes in the body and have the potential to predict the onset of diseases such as diabetes mellitus.
- Features the latest knowledge on cutting-edge technologies of proteomics and molecular diagnostics.
- Coverage of today’s hottest topics includes advances in transfusion medicine and organ transplantation; point-of-care testing; molecular diagnostics in microbiology and infectious diseases; pharmacogenomics; and the microbiome.
- Toxicology and Therapeutic Drug Monitoring chapter discusses the necessity of testing for therapeutic drugs that are more frequently being abused by users.