Harrison’s Principles of Internal Medicine 20e (PDF) [2-volume set] is the definitive guide to internal medicine is more essential than ever with the latest in disease mechanisms, updated clinical trial results and recommended guidelines, state-of-the art radiographic images, hundreds of demonstrative full-colour drawings, therapeutic approaches and specific treatments, and practical clinical decision trees and algorithms.
Recognized by healthcare professionals worldwide as the leading authority on applied pathophysiology and clinical medicine, Harrison’s Principles of Internal Medicine 20e gives you the informational foundation you need to provide the best patient care possible.
Essential for education and practice, the landmark 20th Edition features:
- Updated clinical guidelines, expert opinions, and treatment approaches from world-renowned editors and authors contribute to the accuracy and immediacy of the textbook material and present a clear blueprint for optimizing patient outcomes.
- Important and timely new chapters — such as LGBT Health, Promoting Good Health, Approach to Medical Consultation, Systems of Healthcare, Pharmacogenomics, Worldwide Changes in Patterns of Infectious Diseases,Antimicrobial Resistance, Neuromyelitis Optica, and more—offer the very latest, definitive perspectives on must-know topics in medical education and practice.
- All-new sections covering a wide range of new and emerging areas of vital interest to all healthcare professionals. New sections include: Sex and Gender-based Issues in Medicine; Obesity, Metabolic Syndrome; Diabetes Mellitus; and Consultative Medicine— Plus, a new Part covering cutting-edge topics in research and clinical medicine includes great new chapters on the role of Epigenetics in Emerging Neuro-Therapeutic Technologies, Health and Disease, Genomics and Infectious Diseases, Behavioral Strategies to Improve Health, and Telomere Function in Health and Disease, and Network System Medicine.
- State-of-the-art coverage of disease mechanisms: Harrison’s 20e focuses on pathophysiology with rigor, and with the goal of linking disease mechanisms to treatments. Improved understanding of how diseases develop and progress not only promotes better decision-making and higher value care, but also makes for fascinating reading and improved retention. Harrison’s 20th edition summarizes important new basic science developments, such as the role of mitochondria in programmed and necrotic cell death, the immune system’s role in cancer development and treatment, the impact of telomere shortening in the aging and disease processes, and the role of the microbiome in health and disease. Understanding the role of inflammation in cardiovascular disease, the precise mechanisms of immune deficiency in AIDS/HIV, prions and misfolded proteins in neurodegenerative diseases, and obesity as a predisposition to diabetes are just a few examples of how this 20th edition provides essential pathophysiology information for health professionals.
- End-of-chapter suggested readings reinforce the textbook material and provide a robust platform for further study and research.
NOTE: Only full volumes of Harrison’s Principles of Internal Medicine 20e PDF included. No codes are inlcuded in this purchase