Help your nursing students develop the blended competencies (technical, interpersonal,cognitive, and ethical/legal) they will need to effectively care for patients in both institutional and community-based practice settings with this updated 8th Edition of the best-selling Fundamentals of Nursing 8th edition in PDF form. Packed with proven pedagogy, clinical examples, striking illustrations, and online learning tools (including animations, video clips,and interactive learning activities), this best-selling etextbook takes a holistic approach as it distills the fundamentals that nursing students need to know to respond to today’s healthcare challenges enthusiastically, competently,and accountably.
Reflecting today’s rapidly evolving healthcare delivery system, the 8th Edition offers new content, new pedagogy, a revised art and photo program, and a wide range of online teaching and learning resources to save you time and help your nursing students succeed.
- PowerPoint presentations make it easy for you to integrate the etextbook with your students’ classroom experience, via either handouts or slide shows.
- Pre-Lecture Quizzes (and answers) are quick, knowledge-based assessments that allow you to check students’ reading.
- A robust test generator with more than 1,250 questions helps you put together tests that assess your students’ understanding of the material. Test questions link to learning objectives.
- Guided Lecture Notes walk you through the chapters, objective by objective, and provide corresponding PowerPoint numbers.
- A Sample Syllabus provides guidance for structuring your nursing fundamentals course.
- A complete image bank enhances lecture and exam preparation.
- Discussion Topics (and suggested answers) can be used as a conversation starter or in online discussion boards.
- Strategies for Effective Teaching provide tips for teaching the course.
- Assignments (and suggested answers) include group, written, clinical, and Web assignments.
- Case studies (with related questions and suggested answers) give your college students an opportunity to apply their knowledge to a client case similar to what they will encounter in practice.
- Journal Articles, updated for this edition, offer access to research available in WK journals
- A Master Checklist for Student Competency helps you track your students’ progress toward skill competency.
- NCLEX-Style Review Questions for every chapter (over 900 in all) help nursingstudents review important concepts and practice for the NCLEX.
- Practice & Learn Activities present case scenarios with interactive exercises and questions to help students apply what they have learned.
- Concepts in Action Animations bring concepts to life and enhance student comprehension.
- Watch & Learn Video Clips reinforce skills from the textbook and bring concepts to life.
- A Spanish-English Audio Glossary provides terms and phrases for communicating with patients in Spanish.
- Journal Articles offer access to current research available in WK journals.
- Dosage Calculation Quizzes allow students to practice math skills and calculating drug dosages.
To further enhance your course, you may want to consider purchasing other products within the integrated suite of products designed specifically for the Eigth Edition. Created with the nursing students’ experience in mind, and coordinated to provide a cohesive learning experience, each product in the suite can be purchased separately or packaged with the main textbook. The suite includes: PrepU, Taylor’s Clinical Nursing Skills, Taylor’s Handbook of Nursing Skills, Study Guide, Skill Checklists, Taylor’s Video Guide to Clinical Nursing Skills, and, new to this edition, Lippincott CoursePoint, a digital curriculum solution for nursing education that integrates adaptive learning powered by PrepU with access to personalized, perfectly timed remediation built on trusted content.