Get a deeper understanding of respiratory disease with Clinical Manifestations and Assessment of Respiratory Disease, 7th Edition. This popular, full-color PDF etextbook provides all the necessary tools you need to learn how to gather clinical data, formulate assessments, identify desired outcomes, design a safe and effective treatment plan, make objective evaluations, and document all the steps involved. Using easy-to-follow language and relevant clinical scenarios, this textbook gives readers a firm understanding of why certain treatment modalities are applied. And with a new chapter on respiratory failure and mechanical ventilation protocol, new information on electronic charting, and numerous updates in treatment and assessment added to nearly all the chapters, this new edition ensures you will be well-versed in all of the new issues affecting respiratory therapy.
- UNIQUE! Emphasis on clinical scenarios and critical thinking skills illustrates the causes of the clinical manifestations activated by specific respiratory disorders.
- UNIQUE! Focus on assessment and Therapist-Driven Protocols (TDPs) emphasizes industry-approved standards of care, providing readers with the knowledge and skills to implement these protocols into patient care.
- Case studies provide realistic examples of the respiratory therapist’s role in successful patient care and readers apply text information to clinical assessment and treatment.
- Self-assessment questions at the end of the text help readers personally assess their understanding of chapter material.
- Overview boxes summarize the clinical manifestations caused by the pathophysiologic mechanisms of each disorder.
- Student-friendly features reinforce learning with chapter outlines, key terms, objectives, and easy-to-follow language.
- NEW! New chapter on respiratory failure and mechanical ventilation protocol outlines the respiratory therapist’s role in regards to these protocols.
- NEW! New chapters on congenital diaphragmatic hernia and congenital heart disease
- NEW! Updated content on electronic chartingoffers the latest guidelines for collecting and recording respiratory assessments and treatment plans using an electronic health record.
- NEW! Therapist-driven protocols (TDPs) information is now separated into two chapters to divide content between the basic treatment protocols and the protocols for mechanical ventilation and weaning from the ventilator.
- NEW! The most up-to-date content throughout ensures readers are well-versed in the latest assessment and treatment guidelines for various respiratory illnesses and injuries.
NOTE: Only contains the PDF of the book. No online access codes etc are included