The much-anticipated Cell Biology 3rd edition PDF delivers clearly written, comprehensive, and richly illustrated content to today’s college students, all in a user-friendly format. Relevant to both research and clinical practice, this rich resource covers key principles of cellular function and uses them to explain how molecular defects lead to cellular dysfunction and cause human disease. Concise etextbook and visually amazing graphics simplify complex information and help readers make the most of their study time.
- Clearly written format incorporates rich illustrations, diagrams, and charts.
- Uses real examples to illustrate key cell biology concepts.
- Includes beneficial cell physiology coverage.
- Clinically oriented text relates cell biology to pathophysiology and medicine.
- Takes a mechanistic approach to molecular processes.
- Major new didactic chapter flow leads with the latest on genome organization, gene expression and RNA processing.
- Boasts exciting new content including the evolutionary origin of eukaryotes, super resolution fluorescence microscopy, cryo-electron microscopy, gene editing by CRISPR/Cas9, contributions of high throughput DNA sequencing to understand genome organization and gene expression, microRNAs, IncRNAs, membrane-shaping proteins, organelle-organelle contact sites, microbiota, autophagy, ERAD, motor protein mechanisms, stem cells, and cell cycle regulation.
- Features specially expanded coverage of genome sequencing and regulation, endocytosis, cancer genomics, the cytoskeleton, DNA damage response, necroptosis, and RNA processing.
- Includes hundreds of new and updated diagrams and micrographs, plus fifty new protein and RNA structures to explain molecular mechanisms in unprecedented detail.